FREE PEOPLE “BUILD YOUR COMMUNITY. CONNECT & WIN” SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law. Subject to all federal, state, provincial, territorial and local laws, regulations, and ordinances. Promotion begins on March 2, 2013 at 12:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on March 9, 2013 at 3:01 AM ET (the “Promotion Period”). Please visit http://www.worldtimeserver.com/ or other world time database to determine local time. Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.
1. Sponsor: Free People of PA, LLC (“Sponsor”) 30 Industrial Park Blvd., Trenton, SC 29847, USA.
2. Eligibility: The Free People “Build Your Community. Connect & Win” Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is open to legal residents of the US who are 18 years of age or older (19 years in Alabama and Nebraska; 21 years in Mississippi), legal residents of the United Kingdom who are 18 years of age or older and legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who are of the age of majority in their province/territory of residence, at the start of the Promotion. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor or any of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) and members of their immediate families (spouses, partners, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. Subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial and local laws, regulations, and ordinances. Void where prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of the winners.
3. How to Enter: We want you to build your Free People Community! To enter the Promotion, log-on to http://www.freepeople.com during the Promotion Period and you will be asked to create a Free People account by entering your email address and choosing a password. Once you’re logged in, search other user profiles and click on users you would like to add to your Free People community and whose style you would like to “follow.” When you “follow” another user, or another user “follows” you during the Promotion Period, you both will be entered in the Promotion. The connection between follow and follower determines entry; the first connection between both users must occur during the Promotion Period. Limit: LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON. The winner is subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Normal Internet access, phone, and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply.
Automated or bulk entries or entries submitted by third parties will be disqualified. Entries must be submitted by the participant. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of plays and/or entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will void that participant's plays and/or entries, and that participant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Sponsor or forfeit the prize. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win. You must complete all required information to be eligible to enter. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified.
4. Selection of Winners: On or about March 10, 2013 Sponsor will select the name of the winners of the prize in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. The odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received. The winners will be notified by email on or about March 12, 2013. If after three (3) attempts to contact him/her within three (3) business days of the winner's selection, or if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or in the event that either winner is disqualified for any reason, that winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize. Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. To be a Winner, any potential Winner who is a resident of Canada must answer correctly a mathematical skill-testing question without aid of any device, at a time and place to be determined by Sponsor.
Verification of Winners: THE WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
5. PRIZE: Two (2) winners will each receive a Free People shopping spree of $500 USD. The prize will be issued as a $500 USD Free People Gift card. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Prize: USD $500.
Prize Restrictions: Any and all applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to use of the prize not specifically stated herein are the sole responsibility of the individual prize winner. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent or higher prize substitutions at its sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize. The Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer.
6. General Conditions: This Promotion is governed by the laws of the United States. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Promotion, or any part of it, or terminate the Promotion early (provided that the prize is awarded from all eligible entries at the time of such termination) if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor, and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, the web site on which this Promotion is operated, and/or the legitimate operation of the Promotion; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) modify the Promotion or suspend the Promotion to address the impairment and then resume the Promotion in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) terminate the Promotion early and award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
7. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in this Promotion, entrants agree that Sponsor, and its affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, web site providers, web masters, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (except in the UK where such liability cannot be excluded). No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION OR IN ANY PROMOTION RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY PROVIDED THAT FOR RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED KINGDOM: THIS RELEASE DOES NOT APPLY TO CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS PROMOTION, INCLUDING WWW.FREEPEOPLE.COM AND THE PRIZE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
8. Publicity. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, THE WINNERS GRANT TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), THEIR SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, SUPPLIERS, AND THOSE ACTING PURSUANT TO ITS AUTHORITY, THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLDWIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, EACH WINNER’S NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION SOLELY IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION AND WILL NOT BE DISCLOSED TO ANY THIRD PARTY EXCEPT FOR THE PURPOSE OF OPERATING THE PROMOTION AND FULFILLING THE PRIZE ALLOCATION.. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR SHALL OWN THE ENTRIES, WHICH WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED OR RETURNED.
10. Official Rules and Winner List: For a copy of the Official Rules, visit www.freepeople.com/connectandwin-terms or send a stamped, self-addressed envelope for a period of thirty (30) days after the end of the Promotion Period to: Free People, 30 Industrial Park Blvd., Trenton, SC 29847, USA. For the name and home county/city of the winner, which will be available sometime after March 10, 2013, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope for receipt by March 19, 2013, to: Free People, 30 Industrial Park Blvd., Trenton, SC 29847, USA www.freepeople.com. VT residents may exclude return postage.
Copyright ©2013 Free People of PA, LLC. All rights reserved. Free People and other trademarks used herein are registered trademarks of Free People of PA, LLC in the United States and other countries. Facebook is not a sponsor of, nor is it affiliated with, this Promotion. If you enter, you are providing your information to Sponsor, not to Facebook.