Free People Jobs & InternshipsJump to:
Open Positions Back to Top
Check out open jobs at Free People!
Who We Are Back to Top
Free People was the name first given to what would eventually become the URBN Inc. family, and resurfaced in 1984 to identify the brand as a wholesale collection. Today, Free People has grown to include, in addition to wholesale, both a significant retail and online presence. Currently, we operate over 100 stores in the U.S. and Canada, as well as three wholesale showrooms whose teams have brought Free People to over 1,200 specialty boutiques and department stores across the globe. In all phases of Free People, we look to inspire our customers, our girls – the sweet and sultry, dreamy and tom-girl - with our assortment of apparel and accessories.
Working at Free People Back to Top
Here at Free People we strive to create a soulful culture and that involves committed, passionate employees. We foster this culture through hiring and retaining smart, creative people who through communication and collaboration are able to deliver the story of our brand. With that in mind, some of the experiences that we look for in our prospective employees and interns include:
- Previous leadership roles
- Extracurricular activities
- Internship experience
- Relevant job experience
- Blogs / Relevant samples of work
- Fashion experience
Interview Tips Back to Top
We asked our Managing Director of Design and Image for some of the things she looks for in prospective employees. Here's what she had to say...
Essentially when I interview someone for design, I ask myself:
- Does this person LOVE Free People? This is a deal breaker... they have to feel it heart and soul.
- Do they understand our aesthetic while also having their own point of view? Exceptionally creative, independent people thrive here. We’re not looking for cookie cutters.
- Do they have ambition, drive and energy? Nothing will get handed to you here, but you can go as far as your ambition will take you.
What We Look for in Employees Back to Top
- Hard work