FREE PEOPLE® & JETBLUE® THE PURA VIDA GETAWAY SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void outside the United States and where prohibited by law. The Free People® and JetBlue® Pura Vida Getaway Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on April 7, 2014, and ends on April 21, 2014, at 11:59 p.m. ET on (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
1. Sponsor: Free People of PA LLC, 5000 S. Broad St., Bldg 25, Philadelphia, PA 19112 ("Sponsor").
2. Eligibility: The Free People® and JetBlue® Pura Vida Getaway Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open to any woman who meets all of the following criteria:
- MUST be eighteen (18) years of age or older (nineteen (19) years old in Alabama, Delaware and Nebraska; twenty-one (21) years old in Mississippi) on April 7, 2014.
- MUST be a legal resident of one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia.
- MUST not have ever been convicted of a crime.
- MUST not have ever acted in a manner that will bring the Sponsor into disrepute, in Sponsor's sole judgment.
- MUST be physically capable of participating in all activities associated with any prize awarded in conjunction with this Sweepstakes (see below for full description of activities).
- MUST not be an employee, officer, or director of Sponsor or its respective parent companies, agents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, representatives, distributors, partners, legal counsel, and advertising, website or web design, marketing and fulfillment agencies, or agencies involved in the administration, development and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Entities") and members of their immediate families (children, spouses, parents, siblings, regardless of where they live) and those living in their same households, whether or not related.
- If selected as a winner:
- Must be willing to submit to (and pass) a background check, and to sign any related consents and documentation.
- Must be able to travel outside of the United States and must possess all necessary travel documents for international travel.
- MUST be able to travel to Costa Rica from May 27, 2014 through June 1, 2014.
Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
3. How to Enter Sweepstakes: During the Sweepstakes Period, go to www.freepeople.com/getaway and complete and submit the registration form, including your name (first and last), birthdate, and email address. Upon completion and submission of the registration form, you automatically will be entered with one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. You must provide all required information to be eligible to enter and win. Entrant may be asked to register for future marketing emails from Sponsor or JetBlue Airways; however, you need not agree to receive future emails in order to be eligible for entry in the Sweepstakes.
All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Normal Internet access, phone, and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply. Limit: LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON. ADDITIONAL ENTRIES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. Automated or bulk entries or entries submitted by third parties will be disqualified. Entries must be submitted by the entrant. No copies, facsimiles, or mechanical reproductions of the Entry Form will be accepted. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of plays and/or entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will void that participant's plays and/or entries, and that participant may be disqualified at Sponsor's discretion. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Sponsor or forfeit the prize. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win. You must complete all required information to be eligible to enter. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified.
4. Selection of Winners: On or about April 28th, 2014, Sponsor will select the name of ten (10) potential Grand Prize winners ("Winners") of the prizes in a random drawing from among all entries received. The odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received. The potential Winners will be notified by email, using the address they provided at registration, on or about April 28, 2014. Except where legally prohibited, each potential Grand Prize winner must sign and return, within seven (7) days of being notified, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim her prize. Potential winners may also be asked to submit to and pass to a background check, at Sponsor's sole discretion. If a potential winner does not respond to the winner notification email within three (3) business days, the potential winner will be contacted using the phone number provided by that potential winner at the time of notification. If after three (3) attempts to contact her using that phone number within six (6) days of a winner's selection, or if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if a winner does not return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release, or if a winner does not submit to a background check, or in the event that a winner is disqualified for any reason, that winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize, and Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only two (2) alternate drawings will be held, after which any remaining prizes will remain un-awarded.
Verification of Potential Winners: ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
5. Prizes: Grand Prize(s): Ten (10) Grand Prize(s) consisting of a trip to Costa Rica from May 27, 2014 to June 1, 2014 will be awarded. Each Grand Prize includes the following:
- Roundtrip Travel Certificates to be used for flights between the airport closest to the winner's residence (that connect through New York, NY Kennedy (JFK), Orlando, FL International (MCO), or Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL) that is serviced by JetBlue Airways to Liberia or San Jose, Costa Rica. A Travel Certificate from JetBlue Airways is intended to cover the base fare of one (1) round-trip coach class JetBlue Airways flight (including government taxes and fees) from either New York, NY Kennedy (JFK), Orlando, FL International (MCO), or Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL) airports to San Jose, Costa Rica, which airport will be determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor;
- For winners who do not live within fifty (50) miles of an airport that is serviced by JetBlue Airways and that connects to one of the three airports listed above, such winners will receive a three-hundred dollar ($300.00) stipend to cover the costs of any airline flights or other travel needed to transport the winners to and from their place of residence to an airport JetBlue Airways services and that connects to one of the three airports listed above, at the Sponsor's sole discretion;
- Ground transportation to and from the airport in San Jose Costa Rica and the hotel;
- Five (5) nights' hotel accommodations for winner, including all taxes and fees, at Villa Cortes in Nosara, Costa Rica for one (1) person in (1) standard room;
- A total of eight (8) yoga classes for winner (two (2) per day on 5/28/14, 5/29/14, 5/30/14, and 5/31/14) with yoga professional Rachel Brathen;
- A minimum of two (2) surfing lessons for winner;
- Daily breakfast provided by Villa Cortes (non-vegan, non-vegetarian) for one (1) and daily vegan/vegetarian lunch and dinner for one (1);
- Small welcome gifts;
- $250-worth of Free People movement products.
Maximum Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each Grand Prize: $ 2240.00. Maximum Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded: $22,400.00. Limit one prize per person and per household.
PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Limit one (1) prize per person, per household. Prizes are non-transferrable. Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein, including but not limited to, change of air travel fees, ground transportation, transportation to and from airports in the United States, parking, meals, beverages, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees and/or other expenses, are the responsibility solely of winner. Winners will be required to participate in any planned activities associated with any prize, including, but not limited to, yoga classes and surfing lessons. Winners must be physically capable of participating in all activities associated with any prize awarded in conjunction with this Sweepstakes, and may be required to provide a doctor's permission to participate. Winners must share guest rooms at Villa Cortes with other winners, but each winner will be afforded her own bed. Winners will be provided with a packing list for items to bring in conjunction with awarded yoga and surfing lessons and may be required to provide certain basic equipment or items. Winners will be issued a 1099 tax form for the appropriate retail value of the prize. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or components of a prize(s). Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other Sweepstakes or offer. Winners may not bring guests with them on the trip to Costa Rica. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the winner selection method described above from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised number of prizes available.
Travel will take place between May 27, 2014 and June 1, 2014 or on such other dates as maybe specified by Sponsor at Sponsor's sole discretion. If a potential Winner is unable to travel on the specified dates, Winner will forfeit prize and an alternate winner will be drawn in her place. Sponsor will, in its sole discretion, determine which airport is closest to the winners' homes. Travel subject to availability and blackout dates. Winners are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents (i.e., valid government issued photo ID). Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor's agent and by redeeming the Travel Certificates provided by JetBlue according to the procedures listed below. Roundtrip Travel Certificates must be used for flights between the airport closest to the winner's residence (that connect through MOC, FLL or JFK) that is serviced by JetBlue Airways to Liberia or San Jose, Costa Rica. Certain travel restrictions may apply. Winners are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by JetBlue Airways or any other airline carrier as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. The passenger contracts in use by JetBlue Airways or other airline or transportation companies shall constitute the sole contracts with respect to the prize winners' transportation and such contracts shall be solely between the prize winners and such transportation companies. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets will not be replaced or exchanged. No stopovers are permitted on tickets issued as part of the prize except as expressly provided hereon or as otherwise expressly consented to in advance by Sponsor, at Sponsor's sole discretion. If a stopover is made without consent, the prize travel will terminate and Winner will be responsible for the full fare which will be charged from the stopover point for the remaining trip segment(s), including the return. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by JetBlue Airways or other airline or transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. All airline tickets issued in connection with the prize are not eligible for frequent flyer miles and are not eligible for upgrades. Winners must comply with all hotel check-in requirements, including, but not limited to, the presentation of a major credit card. Air transportation and hotel accommodations must be taken together and cannot be taken separately.
In the event Winner engages in behavior during travel that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to threaten or harass any other person, or that in any way disparages or adversely affects the reputation, image, and/or customer goodwill of Sponsor or any of Sponsor's services, products, trademarks, service marks, or logos, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the travel early, and send Winner home with no further obligations or compensation whatsoever to Winner (which may, in Sponsor's sole discretion, result in such Winner's disqualification from the Sweepstakes and forfeiture of any (and/or all) prize(s). In the event Winner engages in behavior during travel that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is illegal, tortious, or subjects Winner to arrest or detention, Sponsor shall have no obligation to pay any damages, fees, fines, judgments or other costs or expenses of any kind whatsoever incurred by Winner as a result of such conduct. SPONSOR SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER DAMAGES OR EXPENSES RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF ANY TRAVEL RELATED TO THE PRIZE OR ANY OTHER ASPECT OF PRIZE WINNER'S ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF THE PRIZE.
JetBlue Travel Certificate Rules & Restrictions: Each Travel Certificate is good for one-time use by winner in accordance with the travel restrictions identified on or in connection with the Certificate. All travel must be booked and flown within the specified validity dates. If specific flights or departures/destinations are not identified on or in connection with the Travel Certificate, the Certificate may only be redeemed for one-way JetBlue flights to/from JetBlue cities. (Not all JetBlue cities connect; call 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2538) for information on connecting cities.) Redeemed travel is subject to availability, blackout dates, and capacity controls (flights to/from Caribbean destinations subject to heightened capacity controls), and seats may not be available on all flights. Flight schedules are subject to change without notice. Certificate is not valid for bookings on JetBlue partner airlines or code share or interline flights or for use in connection any other products or services. Certificate is non-transferable; at no time may it be purchased, sold, bartered, traded on an auction website or otherwise exchanged for value without prior written consent from JetBlue. Certificate cannot be partially redeemed, is not redeemable for cash, and has no cash value. Passengers are subject and entitled to all provisions of JetBlue's Contract of Carriage. See http://www.jetblue.com/p/jetblue/_coc.pdf for details.
Winners are solely responsible for fees for oversized, overweight or extra baggage and fees for products/services sold separately, such as Even More Space seats, pet fees, in-flight movies, etc. To view baggage fees and other optional services and fees, see http://www.jetblue.com/legal/fees/.
A Travel Certificate may be redeemed only by calling 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) and providing the authorization number and PIN number included on the Certificate. Travel Certificates may not be redeemed at airport ticket counters or online. The authorization number and/or PIN number cannot be replaced if lost or stolen (except as required by law), and JetBlue is not responsible for lost or stolen Travel Certificates, authorization numbers or pin numbers. Winners will not be able to redeem their Travel Certificate without both the authorization and pin numbers. Redeemed travel is not eligible for TrueBlue points. (TrueBlue is JetBlue's loyalty program.) JetBlue's change/cancel policies (including certain change/cancel fees) apply. If you are a no-show for your flight or do not cancel prior to scheduled departure, you will forfeit the Certificate(s) and all money associated with the reservation. Additional terms and restrictions apply. See http://www.jetblue.com/legal/ for details.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof); (b) modify the Sweepstakes or suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor, and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user's computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, the website, and/or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person.
7. PUBLICITY; LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT SPONSOR, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, SWEEPSTAKESAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING, WEBSITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (THE "RELEASED PARTIES") WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITE.
EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES WINNERS' GRANT TO SPONSORS (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSORS), AND THE RELEASED PARTIES THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLD WIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLDWIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, THE WINNERS' ENTRY, NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, OPINIONS AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO HOMETOWN AND STATE) FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND CONTESTAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE WEBSITE AND ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
8. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited by law, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for Eastern District of Pennsylvania or the appropriate Pennsylvania state court located in Pennsylvania; (2) any and all claims, judgment, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws, regulations, and ordinances of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of laws rules (whether of Pennsylvania or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Pennsylvania.
10. OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNERS LIST: For a copy of the Official Rules, visit www.freepeople.com/getaway or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by April 28, 2014 to: Free People of PA LLC, 5000 S. Broad St., Bldg 25, Philadelphia, PA 19112. For a list of winners available after May 5, 2014, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by May 5, 2014 to: Free People of PA LLC, 5000 S. Broad St., Bldg 25, Philadelphia, PA 19112. Vermont residents may exclude return postage.
Copyright ©2014 Free People of PA LLC. All rights reserved. Free People®, JetBlue®, Facebook®, Twitter®, and Instagram® are registered trademarks of their respective companies in the United States and other countries. Other logos and trademarks used herein are trademarks of their respective owners in the United States and/or other countries. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. All rights reserved.